Introducing the LifeWay Worship Project blog…
Have you ever been excited about something, but you knew, for whatever reason, you couldn’t talk about it? That’s us for the past two years. We’ve been working in studios and churches, with arrangers and writers to create what we hope will be something that on a weekly basis helps supply your ministry with core components for worship.
So why blog about it?
Following the framework recommended by Markus Merz at performancing.com (hat tip to blog.hackingchristianity.com), let’s figure it out.
Phase Zero: Seed the idea
Skipping the analysis part of classical product development I will assume that some idea got into my head worth to develop a content concept for a new website/blog. Basically when an idea for a new website comes to mind I structure the idea in four parts:
1. One sentence concept phrase
2. Some example article keywords
3. How to promote the site
4. How to monetize the site
Part of our dream for the Worship Project goes beyond music… it’s to provide a platform to catalyze discussion about worship, sharing the voices of the practitioners from churches of every size and style and helping all of us understand that authentic worship is more than just picking the right song or creating a moment. It’s about leading people to an encounter with the risen Christ.
Because of that, you’re going to find two distinct threads on this blog – one that holds that mirror up to the online community, sharing the thoughts of others as they post about worship. The other thread is the “so what is LifeWay doing about it?” part. In those posts, we’ll be showing the LifeWay Worship Project products and services that we’ve designed to resource those same ministries.
Given those thoughts, here are our blog’s “Phase Zero” points:
- LifeWay aggregates voices of worship leaders and laypeople to share how they are living out Psalm 149:1-6 and shares how LifeWay is responding with resources for ministry.
- christianity, worship, music, ministry, praise band, choir, orchestra, guitar, lead sheets, video, Finale, organ, harp, small church, large church, hymns, worship songs, authentic
- lifeway.com, lifewayworship.com, LifeWay podcasts, Google, Facebook, other blogs from worship leadership, state conventions, conferences
- This blog isn’t about making money, other than the residual effect from helping people understand the Worship Project resources that are available. The more important “payoff” is the call to Romans 12:12 – worship that is pleasing to God.
I bet at this point, a lot of readers are saying, “whoa, really? You just said that?” Yep, we did. Even though it wouldn’t be an article keyword, I’d love it if every post on the blog could be tagged with the keyword “transparency.” There’s not a hidden agenda. Our agenda is to glorify Him.
Your comments and questions are welcome and appreciated!