Remember the old cereal commercial of the little kid, “Mikey,” who tried Life cereal and decided he liked it? When it was popular, I can’t tell you how many times people would come up to me and say, “Hey Mikey – do you like it?”
Today, I want to tell you about something Mikey likes. I was asked recently to answer the question, “Why should folks use the web site – LifewayWorship.com – we launched six years ago for congregational worship?”
So, here it goes…my Top 10 Reasons to Use LifewayWorship.com:
- You can play these songs. The temptation for any editor is to simply “lift” the songs made popular by artists and songwriters to give the church an exact replica of the artist’s version on YouTube. But, the problem comes when you realize that most church musicians don’t have the instincts or abilities to play it the way an artist would. The team at LifewayWorship.com painstakingly renders a playable, yet pleasing, version of the song that church musicians can play with confidence and will require much less rehearsal time. And, best of all, it will work (and sound) just as great as the artist’s version.
- You can sing these songs. You already know what I’m going to say here. The key options keep the congregation in mind. Thankfully, your people won’t need surgery after the service because the keys on LifewayWorship.com are chosen based on the logical vocal ranges of the people we lead.
- God’s Word is central. The search function and planning tools have thousands of references and tags of scripture and a link to MyBibleStudy.com – one of the great Bible study tools available – all for FREE.
- It’s good stewardship. The “Pre-Pay and Save” feature enables churches to save up to 70% on all the music at LifewayWorship.com. You can acquire all the parts you need for your congregation for a fraction of the cost you would spend if you searched for it all, one song at a time.
- Your balance never expires. Unlike other services, LifewayWorship.com keeps your unused balance for as long as it’s unspent. You never have to rush to use up your unspent balance just because you’re about to lose it. It never expires.
- The charts have many options for worship. Like the 2008 hymnal itself, the charts at LifewayWorship.com give the worship leader multiple options of how you can do the song. All the instrumental parts are written the same way making it possible to add a chorus or tag, a modulation or even a different ending. It is extremely flexible.
- Songmap. This unique feature gives the leader the ability to “custom arrange” the chart and track for use. This saves rehearsal time and eliminates mistakes in the service.
- A great variety of songs. From the newest worship song to the most cherished and time-honored hymns, we have it all on LifewayWorship.com
- It only features songs the church sings. You don’t have to wade through material that is rarely sung by congregations in churches. You can trust that what is on LifewayWorship.com will work in a church. That’s all we do.
- The bottom line. Lifeway is a non-profit organization affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Every dollar that lands on our bottom line goes right back to support mission causes around the world. We exist to serve the Church, around the world, in making disciples and we do so with every penny entrusted to us. When you use LifewayWorship.com, you are supporting that effort.
Well, there you have it – my Top Ten Reasons to Use LifewayWorship.com.
If you already use the site, thanks for your support. Please, help us know how to make it better. If you haven’t tried it yet, or maybe haven’t tried it since we’ve made many improvements and enhancements, I invite you to give it a try.
Mikey likes it. I think you will, too!