5 Resolutions to Stop…
- …asking the congregation to sing octave leaps.
- …texting during the Pastor’s sermon.
- …starting rehearsals late.
- …rocking that “You all don’t understand how music is different” attitude in staff meetings (your fellow staff members hate it).
- …leaving the worship service after the music. (unless you are leaving to go teach a class).
5 Resolutions to Start…
- …singing more familiar songs more often.
- …investing time in next generation musicians and worship leaders.
- …practicing your instrument more (even if it’s your voice).
- …listening to music when you’re not looking for something.
- …finding ways to love your family outside of church.
Loose weight, get in shape, take better care of the yard – those are standards every year. I’m sure you would have some on your list that wouldn’t be on anyone else’s list.
But if it came down to just one –
Love Jesus MORE.
Happy New Year – Mike
Mike Harland is the Director of LifeWay Worship. When he’s not directing 30+ employees, you’ll find him leading worship at various churches around the country, writing/arranging worship songs and/or, writing his next book. In his spare time, he loves playing basketball and spending time with his family. Mike can be found on Twitter @MikeHarlandLW and on facebook.com/Mike.Harland.37.