Jesus said, “Without me, you can’t pull off the Christmas program.” Well, that’s not an exact quote but it does align with John 15 for sure. He is the vine, we are the branches, and we had better be totally connected with Him as we go through our Christmas music presentations if we desire for permanent results.
- Pray that people will attend that do not know Jesus in a personal way.
- Ask God to protect your people and their families and to give them good health, spiritual focus, and an abundance of blessings through the process.
- Pray that the little, last minute things don’t get in the way of all God wants to do.
- Ask the Lord to keep everyone cool under pressure.
- Request that God would give you and other leaders a spiritual disposition and the margin in your life to enjoy close fellowship with your Savior over these days.
- Ask God to help you eliminate the unnecessary distractions that can easily take over.
- Intercede for your people that are serving during this season when so much is going on in everyone’s schedule.
- Ask God to allow you and others in your church to see at least some of the fruit that will come from this ministry.
- Pray that the name of Jesus would be the name on the lips of everyone who comes to the program and that He alone would be glorified with all that is done.
Rehearse. Plan. Prepare. Announce. Invite.
But, more than anything else….
Mike Harland is the Director of LifeWay Worship. When he’s not directing 30+ employees, you’ll find him leading worship at various churches around the country, writing/arranging worship songs and/or, writing his next book. In his spare time, he loves playing basketball and spending time with his family. Mike can be found on Twitter @MikeHarlandLW and on facebook.com/Mike.Harland.37.