Several months ago, LifeWay Worship Director, Mike Harland, met with our State Music Directors to discuss, “The State of Church Music (in the Worship Era).”
For roughly one hour, these leaders discussed many different topics and questions in regards to church music in the worship era. Today, we’re excited to share a few of their thoughts with you.
We’ve divided this discussion into a three-part series. Part one of the series features Mike Harland asking (State Music Directors) the following questions:
- What is the state of church music (in the worship era)?
- Describe church music today.
- How would you describe different worship styles to pastors?
- What are your thoughts on multi-style approaches to ministry?
- What would you say to a pastor that wants to change worship styles because their church isn’t growing?
- What is your persepctive om multi-style churches and diverse congregations?
- What are we teaching our children when it comes to worship?
Click on the photo below to begin the video.
Let us know your thoughts. What questions would you like to ask these State Music Directors? Next week, we’ll post part two of this discussion.